Praise and Worship
Weekend Worship Services are at 9:30 AM on Sundays.
Here at Community Church we are committed to celebrating God faithfully and frequently in our weekend worship service! We have a blended approach, utilizing hymns and contemporary choruses with an acoustical-style band and a small vocal group and creative programming elements.
WEEKEND SERVICES ARE WHERE WE…
- Express our love and adoration of God through praise and worship.
- Hear the word of God proclaimed through the preaching of our Pastor.
- Introduce cynics, skeptics, and spiritual seekers to God.
- Rejoice in God’s work in our lives through baptism and stories of life change.
- Collectively pray for the needs of our world, community, and church family.
- Experience together a sense of awe at who God is and what He’s done.
… defined is our active response in spirit and truth, both personal and corporate, to God for who He is and for what He has done, expressed in and by the things we say and the way we live. The word worship comes from the Anglo-Saxon word weorthscipe, which means to “ascribe worth”.
We are committed to utilizing the various gifts and passions that the Lord adds to our church. We believe that God has called us not merely to tolerate one another, or even accommodate one another, but rather, we are most like God, as we celebrate with one another!
WORSHIP IN AGE-GRADED MINISTRY
Because we value ministering to the whole family, Community Church offers a number of age-targeted experiences for preschoolers, children and students throughout the week; and in each of these settings we value the importance of teaching worship. These settings are designed to enhance the corporate experience of the next generation of Christ followers.
To further encourage family, as well as the value of teaching preschoolers, children, and students about worship in the corporate setting, each month (on the first Sunday) we have an ‘All-In Sunday’ where the entire church worships together. This Sunday also always includes a celebration of Communion.